Need some music to strut, shop, or (if you’re Samantha Jones) shag by? Well, here you go! The “Sex and the City 2″ official movie soundtrack has finally been announced (it will be for sale May 25), and HOLYOMG, it’s everything we’d hoped for and more. Rump-shaking girl jams by Erykah Badu and Leona Lewis? Check! Brand new music from “SATC” veteran Jennifer Hudson? Check! An all-male choir singing classic love-song standards? Check! And… Liza Minelli doing a jazzed-up cover of Beyonce’s “Single Ladies”?
…No, seriously. CHECK! (Now please, please just let there be a photo somewhere of Liza wearing Beyonce’s robot glove.)
The soundtrack, like the movie, looks to be equal parts sentimental and sexy — and it’s pretty much a start-to-finish showcase of top female talent, with the exception of a final track by Aaron Zigman that, per the movie’s desert setting, is hilariously titled “Divas and Dunes.”
But the biggest news from producer Watertower Records is that we’ll get an earful of the “SATC” ladies themselves! The track listing features the vocal talents of Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon doing a rendition of the 1970s women’s-lib anthem “I Am Woman,” and sheds a little light on just what’s going on in the photo above of the fab foursome, dressed to the nines and with microphones in hand. Hear them roar, er, sing, when the soundtrack is released on May 25th.
Check out the full album track listing!
1. Alicia Keys – “Rapture”
2. Dido – “Everything to Lose”
3. Cee-Lo – “Language of Love”
4. Erykah Badu – “Window Seat”
5. Natacha Atlas – “Kidda”
6. Michael McGregor – “Euphrates Dream”
7. Liza Minnelli – “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
8. Ricki-Lee – “Can’t Touch It”
9. Alicia Keys – “Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down”
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis – “Love Is Your Color”
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon – “I Am Woman”
12. Sex and the City Men’s Choir – “If Ever I Would Leave You”
13. Sex and the City Men’s Choir – “Sunrise, Sunset”
14. Sex and the City Men’s Choir – “Till There Was You”
15. Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall – “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”
16. Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch – “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye”
17. Aaron Zigman – “Divas and Dunes”
So, who’s gonna be the best singer: Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda, or Samantha?